After 28 days of non-stop writing I decided I was going to give myself and my readers a long vacation. The plan? Sit back, read and enjoy all the blogs out there on the blogosphere. But the first thing that caught my notice this morning was a comment on my About page.
Who still goes there anyways? It’s gotta be filled with cobwebs by now *coughing*
Oh well, I go there, and my friend Megan (whose posts are simply interesting) had this to say:
“Hello my dear Phoenix, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
I love your blog, hence “Liebster”, “my favorite” or “dearest.””
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
And this is what she had to say about me:
She’s just a beautiful, inspiring woman who has lived through a lot, but also knows what it is to live.
Next thing I’m hopping in my (new swivel) chair and clapping my hands like a little child! This is the best news of the day (the other being that despite waking up by 4:30 I’ve been so alert! I love sleep, though I rarely get any of it)!!
So I know I promised
you guys myself that I wouldn’t be bothering anyone with posts for a while, but I’m so pleased with this that I’ve decided to work on immediately 😀
This is my first time of ever being nominated, so pardon my excitedness! Here’s the process:
1. I need to post 11 random things about myself 🙂
2. Nominate 11 other people who I feel deserve this award as well as links to their blogs
3. I also need to go to their page and tell them about the nomination (and procedures)
4. No tag backs! —-> To be honest I’m not sure what this means 😦 but I’m going to try not to do it… You shouldn’t too! 😉
ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. If I was absolutely certain that I would be 100% safe, I would indulge myself in extreme sports. From F1 racing to bungee jumping – name it – I would do it!
2. If I eventually get my own place, I’d want a cat and a dog, a goldfish and a tiny pretty cactus plant.
3. I like to sleep late and wake up so. My ideal job will have to be one where I can to resume 10 a.m. (ideas, anyone? ;))
4. I had a wine and perfume bottle collection.
5. I actually prefer to write (or text, or chat) than talk.
6. My favourite meals include anything made with pasta or Irish potatoes. Much better if it comes with a very spicy sauce!
7. My greatest frustration is seeing injustice done. I’m quite the activist when I see someone being mistreated, but I don’t have the ability to do that for myself.
8. I was named after an Irish nun who was an exemplary god mother to me. I have no worries being one now because of everything I learned through her.
9. I’m Nigerian! 😀
10. I love to dance and sing and pick sea shells and collect beach sand and…
11. I’m not very good with bible memory verses 😦 I’m working on it everyday though!
So there you have it… It was kind of hard, being that I’m not very good about talking about me, just like that. I like to be asked a question before I proceed. But this was a good mental exercise!
I’m thinking this is just step 1 of 4, but this should do for now.
Thanks for sticking around!